Saturday, March 22, 2014

Simple campaign finance reform!

OK the point of this blog was to get ideas out there for discussion.  I was just discussing this with a friend and they suggested I get it published.  So here goes.

I have a fairly simple way to fix and reform what we refer to as issue related to "campaign finance".  I stole some of these from others but I am a facilitator here.  We all can agree that there is too much money in politics that could easily be used on better investments.  Here is my way to address it.  Rules are for fools I have said before but Congress folks appear to be fools so get over that.  Here goes:

Rule 1.  No corporations or PAC's.  Only individuals can give but they can give unlimited.
Rule 2.  No contributions are tax deductive for highest tax brackets.
Rule 3.  Individuals can only give to candidates on their ballot.
Rule 4.  All donations have to stop 14 days before the election.
Rule 5.  A list of donors is posted 13 days prior to the election.

I that that alone can fix most the anomalies of what we have morphed into.  I submit it for your review.

No comments:

Post a Comment